You can try various Chinese recipes to cook your family recipes at dinner time. We all know Chinese foods and recipes are very popular all over the world including Europe, the USA.
These recipes are not only easy but also provide us a healthy diet. I can assure the recipes are so easy that you can prepare without any hard labor. You can give your family a different touch of taste at dinner time.
You do not need to take your family to any Chinese Takeaway to get the taste of Chinese food. So get ready to cook Chinese foods for your family tonight and enjoy your exclusive dinner time.
You only need to follow the steps one after another which I am going to share with you and you will execute the steps following the ideas.
The 6 Best Chinese Family Recipes for You
There is a very common question that we face almost regularly from our mates, friends, and colleagues “What should I cook for dinner tonight?”
The question is very simple but it is really difficult to answer. We need to spend the maximum time of our day outside for our professional work.
Naturally, we do not be able to find out more time for our dinner cooking. We can manage it when we need to cook for ourselves only. We can cook whatever we like as we know our own choices and desires. But problems arise when we are cooking for our family.
All of us have our tastes. It is not easy to set the menu satisfying all the members of a family. At the same time, we have to make sure of the health issues.
We must cook healthy recipes as our family members enjoy dinner time with our dinner recipes and get the necessary food elements at the same time. Keeping these issues I have come to you my readers with my healthy family recipes from my easy dinner ideas.
1. Chinese Takeaway Skewers
The first dinner recipe is Chinese Takeaway Skewers. The quantities of the ingredients are used for 8 persons. I have set the steps to cook the recipe as you can cook the food easily using the method of my easy dinner ideas.
The Marinade and Mop:
- Finely Grated-2 inch piece Ginger-1
- Finely Grated Clove Garlic-1 (Large)
- Soy Sauce-1/4 Cup
- Dry White Vermouth-1/4 Cup
- Rice Vinegar-2 tablespoon
- Toasted Sesame oil-2 Tbsp
- Sugar-1 tbsp
- Hoisin Sauce-1/2 Cup
- Pork Fillet-Cut into 1 inch chunk-1 ½ lb
- Mangetout (About 4 Ounce)-1 Cup
- Sliced Water Chestnuts, strained—one 8 ounce can
- Halved, seeded, and cut into 1 inch small red peppers-2
- Baby Corn-strained and halved crosswise-15 ounce can-one
- Naval Orange -1/2, cut into 4 wedges, wedges halved
- Vegetable oil-2 tbsp, and more for oiling grill gates.
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
Marinade and Mop:
- Mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vermouth, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar in a cup.
- Pour ¼ cup of the mixture into a small bowl. Mix in the hoisin sauce. The sauce is ready.
- Mix the pork with the remaining marinade in a medium bowl.
- Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Thread a piece of pork, 1 snow pea folded over a water chestnut slice, a piece of black pepper, a piece of baby corn and repeat onto a skewer.
- Then a piece of orange, skin side facing the last baby corn.
- Then prepare other skewers with the same ingredients as order.
- Heat the grill over medium heat.
- Brush the skewers with vegetable oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill gates lightly.
- Grill the skewers until the pork is cooked and instant-read thermometer 60 degrees C- 7 to 8 minutes each side.
- Brush the skewers and grill continuously until the marinade caramelizes.
Your dinner is ready to serve. You need only 35 minutes to spend on the delicious cooking recipes. I am sure that your family dinner will be marvelous with the first dinner recipe. But do not forget to follow my easy dinner ideas.
2. Golden Gate Chili Ribs
The 2ndrecipe is prepared with ribs that you can cook for your family. You can try this recipe to make your dinner time amazing with your family. Following the steps of my easy dinner ideas try the dinner recipe. You will not be deceived.
- Light Soy Sauce-2 tbsp
- Dark Soy Sauce-4 tbsp
- Honey -4 tbsp
- Chinese Five Spice Powder-2 heaped tbsp
- Shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry-4 tbsp
- Hoisin Sauce-4 tbsp
- Spare Ribs- 1 rack, cut in half through the bone
- Seeded and finely chopped Fresno chili- 1
- Finely chopped spring onion-green part
- Mix soy sauce, dark soy sauce, honey, Chinese five-spice powder, dry sherry, and hoisin sauce in a large bowl.
- Mix the ribs and marinate as long as you can.
- Preheat your oven over to 180 degrees c
- Put the ribs from the marinade into a baking sheet. Reserve the marinade.
- Bake ribs until it is cooked through. It will take 40 to 45 minutes to be cooked.
- Keep the remained marinade in a saucepot.
- Bring the mixture to cook.
- Baste the ribs halfway through cooking with the reserved marinade.
- Remove ribs from the oven with the marinade.
- Add chopped chilies and scallions.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
- Your dinner becomes more delicious if you are serving with roasted potatoes and mixed salad.
I am sure that all you will like the recipe. Probably you have not tasted the recipe before. My dinner recipes will make you feel you can cook mouth-watering dinner recipes. The preparation is not difficult at all.
3. Posh Chopped Suey
Now, I am going to share with you my next recipe named “Posh Chopped Suey”. You need only 30 minutes to cook the recipe. The preparation is as easy as you think.
Do not worry about seeing the list of the ingredients of the food recipe as most ingredients are available in the kitchen. So you do not need to spend time in the grocery to collect those for cooking the recipe.
- Chicken Breasts-cut into 3.5 cm cubes-2 (450 gm)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Oyster sauce-2 tablespoon
- Cornstarch-2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil-1tbsp
- Crushed and finely chopped garlic-2 cloves
- Freshly grated ginger-1 tbsp
- Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry 2 tbsp
- Crushed dried red Sichuan chilies or chili flakes-1/2 tsp
- Chinese five Spice Powder-1 tsp
- Carrot-1, peeled and sliced very thinly on an angle
- Small Bok Choy-2; core removed, white part sliced and leaves left whole
- Shiitake or assorted mushrooms-225 gm-sliced
- Chestnuts-drained water, sliced-225 gm can
- Chicken stock-180 ml
- Dark soy sauce-1 to 2 tsp
- Spring onions-finely chopped-2
- Steamed jasmine or brown rice
- Mix the chicken with salt, ground white pepper, the oyster sauce in a medium bowl.
- Add t tablespoon of cornstarch, toss to coat, and keep aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat.
- Add vegetable oil.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry for less than one minute.
- Now, mix chicken breast and fry three to four minutes, until it is golden.
- Add the rice wine when the chicken is brown
- Add the crushed dried red chilies, Chinese five powder.
- Mix the carrots, white part of the bokchoy, shiitake mushrooms, and stir fry for one minute.
- Mix water chestnuts, bokchoy leaves, chicken stock, and dark soy sauce and let it be boiled.
- Cook for one minute. The sauce will be thickened.
- Decorate with the chopped scallions.
My posh chopped suey is ready to taste. I am waiting for your compliment when you say that the dish is really tasty and mouthwatering.
See, you have to spend only 30 minutes to cook the recipe. So as long as my recipes are with you do not hesitate to get the new taste of food by applying my easy dinner ideas.
4. Bacon, Egg, and Prawn Fried Rice
The recipe is not most popular not only in Asia but all over the world. You can make the recipe with all common ingredients spending only 15 minutes.
So friends. Let’s see what ingredients and steps you need to follow to prepare the recipe. Please keep in mind that to cook the recipe you need to follow the ideas.
- Peanut or vegetable oil-1 ½ tablespoon
- Lightly beaten eggs-3
- Pancetta or bacon-diced-4 ounces
- Minced garlic-1 clove
- Peeled and grated fresh ginger-1 teaspoon
- Prawns-4 ounces
- Fresh and frozen peas-4 ounces
- Cooked jasmine rice-2 cups
- Light soy sauce-1 tablespoon
- Toasted sesame oil-1 teaspoon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Chopped spring onions-2
- Heat a cook over high heat.
- Mix 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Add eggs and stir-fry reducing the heat.
- Remove the eggs from the wok and keep aside
- Mix the ½ tablespoon peanut oil.
- Now, add pancetta, garlic, and ginger. Mix these quickly.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add prawn and peas as the pancetta begins to brown.
- Stir- fry and cook for 1to 2 minutes.
- Mix the cooked rice and mix well to break it up in the wok.
- Mix the scrambled eggs back in and mix the soy sauce.
- Mix the toasted sesame oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped onions.
Friends, so do not waste your time thinking about what will be the recipe for your dinner time. Just follow the instructions and get ready for a delightful dinner.
I am confident that after getting the taste of this recipe you will realize how helpful my easy dinner ideas are!
5. Beef and Black Bean Ho Fun
This recipe takes 25 minutes to be ready to be served. I have prepared the recipe using my easy dinner ideas to cook delicious and healthy food.
I use Ho Fun noodles for this dinner recipe to give the taste of Chinese noodles to your family. So be with me and use the technique to get the said dinner recipe.
- Peanut oil-1tbsp
- Finely chopped garlic-5 cloves
- Peeled and freshly grated ginger-2.3 cm piece
- Seeded and sliced red Fresno chili-1 (medium)
- Sliced Thai Bird’s Eye Chili-1
- Rinsed and crushed fermented salted black pepper-2 tbsp
- Beef tenderloin-trimmed and sliced into 1 cm stripes-450 gm
- Shaohsing Rice wine or dry sherry-1 tsp
- Green bell pepper-de-seeded and cut into 2.5 cm piece-2
- Vegetable stock-240 ml
- Light soy sauce-2 tbsp
- Dark soy-1 tbsp
- Cornflour-1 tbsp
- Cold water-2 tbsp
- Fresh or dried ho fun noodles-450 g
- Heat a wok over high heat.
- Add the oil and heat it.
- When the oil is hot mix garlic, ginger, and chilies and stir fry for few seconds.
- Mix the fermented black beans and mix quickly
- Mix the beef slices and cook for one minute, keeping the ingredients moving in the wok.
- Mix rice wine and sherry when the meat starts to brown.
- Mix the green peppers and cook for one minute.
- Now, mix the stock and make it be boiled.
- Mix the soy sauce.
- Mix the cornstarch and water. Mix to the wok and cook to be thickened.
- Mix the fresh ho fun noodles and break them up with a spoon and mix these.
- The food is ready to taste. Decorate with sliced scallions and serve.
Note: If you are trying with dry ho fun noodles please soak them in boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes to soften and loosen.
I can assure you cooking the recipe will increase the appetite of your family including your kids. You can see how my cooking technique makes you a skilled cook.
6. Spicy Soy Ribs with Sweet and Sour Slaw
The last Chinese recipe is easier than you perceive. As long as you have my dinner ideas, you do not need to consider cooking as difficult. So just follow the steps as I am stating below.
For the Ribs:
- Ketchup-6 tbsp
- Chili sauce-2tbsp
- Honey-2 tbsp
- Light soy sauce-2 tbsp
- Chinese 5 spice powder- 1tbsp
- Shaohsing Rice Wine-1tbsp
- Pork Spareribs-cut in half across the bone and cut into the single ribs-1 rack
- Chopped fresh Coriander leaves-4 tbsp
- Grated radishes-6
- Finely diced-Fresno chilies-2
- Shredded small napa cabbage-1
- Grated medium onion-1/2
- Mayonnaise-60 ml
- Lemon juice-3 tbsp
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix soy sauce, honey, ketchup, chili sauce, five-spice, and rice wine in a bowl.
- Mix the ribs. Marinate the ribs for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill pan. The grill gates must have been brushed clean and oil lightly.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade.
- Keep the ribs on the grill and cook for 20 minutes. Cook turning over every 5 minutes.
- Add the marinade into a saucepot and boil for five minutes.
- If it is boiled mix the ribs, continually baste the ribs as they are moved until it is cooked well.
For the Slaw:
- Mix cilantro, radishes, carrots, chilies, cabbage, and onions in a bowl and mix them.
- In another small bowl add mayo, lemon juice, and honey and mix them well.
- Now add the slaw mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
Your dinner is ready to eat. You can give your family the BBQ taste. How is the last dinner recipe? Is not it easy to cook using the technique and instructions? I am sure no one can avoid the chance to taste my recipe.
I have shared my family recipes for you as you do not need to think more about your dinner menu. I share my ideas as you can save your time in the kitchen and spend more with your family.
My intention is only to make you feel that you do not need to always go to the cooking class to be a good cook. You can be that if you have the interest to follow the basic ideas of cooking.
My dinner ideas are set only for you who have the passion to try different tastes of food more easily.